httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Win32 name canonicalisation
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:38:19 GMT
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > One major problem with this (besides the fact that it's written in C++;
> > it took me twenty minutes of trying to figure out why it wasn't compiling
> > as a C file before I realized this) is that it doesn't work when a file
> > doesn't exit (Windows pops up an error). And Apache likes to deal with
> > files that don't necessarily exist.
>
> Try this:

This isn't really what we need, though. Here's what we need to be able to
do (~ represents an 8.3 filename):

Input: /foo/ba~/baz
(foo exits, bar exists, baz exists)
Output: /foo/bar/baz

Input: foo/ba~/bax
(foo exists, bar exists, bax does not exist)
Output: foo/bar/bax

Input: fo~/ba~/baz
(foo exists, ba~ does not)
Output: foo/ba~/baz

In other words, the parts of the path that exist, expand out. The parts
that don't, just leave as is. That's the most compatible with how
directory_walk works (AFAIK, it puts the directory that exists, plus the
file in that directory - existing or not - into r->filename, and the
remainder into r->path_info).

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>