httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: proxy screwup
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:08:42 GMT
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Our proxy, along with every other proxy in the known universe, is
> forwarding the HTTP-version in the response as whatever it received.
> It is also failing to clear the Connection header fields from the
> response.  We can fix that, but we can't fix what is already deployed,
> so the likely result is that we'll have to change the HTTP versioning
> policy to always send HTTP/1.0 in response to an HTTP/1.0 request.

Um... why is that? I seem to recall http-wg having this discussion a
while ago, and deciding this wasn't neccessary (I haven't been reading
the wg for a few months, though).

And unless I'm *severely* mistaken, Apache's proxy puts HTTP/1.0 in both
the response and the request, no matter what it actually received from
the origin server. Line 388 of proxy_http.c:

        rvputs(r, "HTTP/1.0 ", r->status_line, "\015\012", NULL);

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>