httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [CFV]: mod_speling revived
Date Sat, 09 Aug 1997 01:03:41 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >
> > What's remaining on that?  We really really should do it.  I think
> > everyone's afraid to work in the "apachen" tree to avoid stepping on Paul's
> > feet...
> >

> Well, I'd like to start work on pushing for a 1.3b1 release in about 7-14
> days. I think there are enough votes to carry the source re-org of
> apachen.

Well, don't forget that we can't just copy apachen to apache and have it
work, becuase apachen is several weeks out of date. We need to start with
apache and remake it into the reorganized form. Paul will likely have to
do this.

And, as (I believe) Ralf pointed out, we should cp apache to apache-old
or something, so we can check out the old format if need be. Actually,
what might be good is for the files which exit in both organisations (the
*.c and *.h files, mainly) to be symlinked (or hard-linked) between
apache and apache-old. That way you could check out 1.2.x from
apache-old, and any commits to the source would show up in the apache
files.

But that could get odd.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>