httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: WinCE porting tips...
Date Thu, 07 Aug 1997 17:58:30 GMT
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Jason A. Dour wrote:

> Well, I garnered a few Windows CE porting tips from WinCE developers...
> I forget who (Ben I think) who was interested in porting Apache to WinCe,
> but I thought I'd share the information I got with them.

Hmm. So the summary is basically "You can't use ANSI characters, only the
Unicode Win32 functions work. Oh, and by the way, most of the ANSI C and
Unix-compatibility functions aren't there either."

In other words, there is no way in heck Apache will ever run on Windows

-- Alexei Kosut <>

View raw message