httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Birnbaum <dav...@flatiron.org>
Subject Re: Bug report(s) (fwd)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 1997 21:06:21 GMT
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This is probably because libdb provides functions which override the dbm
> functions in libc.  That is an issue that you'll have to resolve on your
> own.  Perhaps you've upgraded libdb between building 1.1.x and building
> 1.2.x?  It's certainly possible to have _dbm and _db reside together ...
> they don't clobber each other at all.

Hmmm....I'm not sure how libdb functions would override dbm functionality
in libc - but that was my point exactly.  Why would the AuthDBMUserFile
command cause an open to a db file?  Is it possible that there is some
sort of namespace collision within the mod_auth code that inserts the
wrong callback?  It doesn't look like there is any problem with libc and
libdb - all of the dbm routines have names like "dbm_*", whereas the db
routines start with "db".

I have a pretty generic configuration (Solaris 2.5.1, db 1.85), but
perhaps nobody else tries to do this.  In any case, I have been unable to
get these working together since 1.1.1, when I first built httpd, and can
be replicated at will.

Pointers on how to ferret this out would be appreciated.

David.