httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: this is depressing
Date Sat, 23 Aug 1997 23:58:18 GMT
On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Oh sorry I forgot to mention that my dev version is running at 5s right
> now ... with the default 1s we get around 390 r/s.

Odd.  What sort of scoreboard are you using?

> I'm depressed that for some reason we're able to satisfy 30 clients with
> only 5 children, and doing scoreboard maintenance is so expensive.  But
> this is quite easily because my test setup sucks.

Remember, zeusbench uses a single process.  As long as the server isn't
overloaded in the wrong way, responses will be quick enough that the other
requests will be processed almost right away.  Since zb can't read
multiple responses at exactly the same time anyway...

What if you start with 30 children?

> It'd probably be different if I ran a 10 minute trial... in 30 seconds we
> pay for the fork()s.  I'll try that.
> Dean
> On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Are you saying you are suprised by how much it does change or by how much
> > it doesn't change?
> >
> > I am suprised by how big the improvement without the idle server maint.
> > is.  What happens if you change SCOREBOARD_MAINTENANCE_INTERVAL to 5s or
> > something?

View raw message