httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.3 (Tue 19-Aug-1997 10:41 MET DST)
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:58:41 GMT
On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>     o Binary tarballs issues:
>
>       For every platform marked with a "x" we now have to roll a binary
>       distribution tarball. I've created the directory

Erm.. I'm not sure what is special about those with an x.

>       ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/apache_1.2.3.binaries/ containing
>           - directories named according to the actual platform tag

I did not use the crated directories for putting my binary builds
into.  The problem with them is that many of the names are too long
to be shown properly in an index.  I like the naming scheme we use
now for the binaries/ directory; individual binary tarballs can be
named in various ways.  If there are several builds that fit into
a name (eg. sunos_4.1.x on various architectures) then they
can go in the same subdirectory.  Solaris is one of the bigger
exceptions to that probably.

>           - a BinBuild directory containing a slightly changed
>             binbuild.sh from Marc which used binbuild.README and
>             binbuild.Configure files (also can be found there)
>             ** USE THESE FILES TO CREATE A BINARY TARBALL **
>       When releasing 1.2.3 the
>       ftp://dev.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.2.3.binaries/
>       will be moved to
>       ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/binaries/

Remember that the old source should not be deleted, but moved to
the "old" subdirectory.