httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: hosting the apache web site
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:21:08 GMT
There was a discussion about moving Apache stuff (including the main web
site, ftp site, and development site w/CVS repository) to a seperate
machine from where it is right now, largely for security reasons.  The
biggest aim of any move would be to have it on a dedicated machine with as
little outside acess as possible.

If that were to be done, two things would be necessary: a machine, and
bandwidth.  There was some discussion of finding somewhere nice to supply
the bandwidth for the machine; it was suggested that uunet may be
convinced to do so.

It appears that there would be no problem locating the machine using
bandwidth from Wired, where the current machine is, so finding bandwidth
for it shouldn't be an issue.  I think the idea has been put on hold for
now for various reasons.

So, to summarize, I suppose the best thing to say would be that things are
ok right now.  We do appreciate the interest though and may want to pursue
something at some point in the future.