httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Proposed ANNOUNCE for 1.2.2 (II)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:29:52 GMT
Traditionally, test tarballs have been test tarballes; not release ready
and a new one has to be rolled.  Once the new one deemed to be the final
version is rolled, then it is left for a day or two and people test it
even more before being released.  By the time we got to rolling the final
tarball, it was almost certain that either that version would go out and
the version was incrementend to the next -dev right away.

You are doing things differently.  It did not appear clearly to me that
you were doing things that way.  That is the biggest cause of my concern.

I prefer doing it the old way, but that is just my preference.  If people
like this way, thats fine.  Just make it clear...