httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: got the license for InstallShield
Date Sun, 10 Aug 1997 00:25:52 GMT
On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> > NT is a totally different world, which requires totally different rules...
>
> But the Apache Group has rules too, and if Windows (95 as well as
> NT. Stop forgetting that) can't play by those rules, I'm sure we can
> make Microsoft come around to our way of thinking sooner or later... :)

Agreed.  We have the power since MS can't buy us.  <g>

It will be a long time, if ever, before Apache appeals to certain
types of Windows people.  We can not provide the level of hand-holding
that some people need.  That's fine with me.

There is another group of Windows people who could easily come
around to like the way Apache works, although things like a
web config interface would help them.  But that isn't Windows-specific.
This group is used to the MS way but hasn't yet seen a better way.

There is another group of Windows people who use Windows because
they are forced to, but who have a clue and like the way Apache
works.  This is the group that the first Windows release will
probably work the best for.

I don't see Apache turning into a "typical" Windows web server
any time soon.