httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: localization of apache.org content/apache server
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 17:51:55 GMT
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> 1) I'd really like to take up folks like the one below who are interested
> in maintaining translations of the docs.  What do people think is the best
> way to do this?  Best meaning, the best balance between being easy for the
> contributor, being accurate, and maintaining apache.org security.  Should we
> integrate it directly with the docs, i.e. index.fr.html?  Or as separate
> subdirs, i.e. /docs/fr/index.html?  Comments appreciated...

I am concerned about maintenance.  Simply getting an initial translation
means that they will quickly become out of date.

There is also the issue of what to do when people start trying to
communicate with us in a language that we don't speak.

None of this should stop any translations, but just things to consider...