httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: someone please explain ap_signal
Date Mon, 04 Aug 1997 01:06:00 GMT
Gak.  Ok.  I understand, although I don't think I want to.  Perhaps a
comment should be added.

Ok, so tell me what we do about PR#905, ie. compiling htdigest.

The problem is:

	- htdigest includes ../src/md5c.c
	- md5c.c includes conf.h
	- conf.h redefines signal to ap_signal
	- the signal from http_main.c isn't included, so it don't work

We don't need our new signal in htdigest, so I am not inclined to change
things so it is linked in there.

An OS may define signal to the_real_signal_that_works, so we can't just
#undef signal after including md5c.c.