httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Configure and non-gcc platforms
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 21:12:41 GMT
Configure likes setting -O2 far too much.  In fact, when I want to use a
different compiler that doesn't grok -O2 I have to work to do so.  Just
setting CC in Configure doesn't work.  Adding a blank "OPTIM=" line
doesn't work.  I actually need something on the OPTIM= line that is
non-blank so Configure won't default to -O2.

Configure should know about what

Oh, I think it would be cool if helpers/TestLib output error messages to a
file and then either gave a prompt about where the file was from Configure
if it failed or automatically displayed it.

We should also have a way to override the TestLib test that is documented
in the error message.  Eg. "touch .no-it-isn't-really-broken to override
the test".