httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Apache 1.3a1 Authentification (re) (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:05:18 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:41:10 -0600 (MDT)
From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: marcs@znep.com
Subject: Apache 1.3a1 Authentification (re)

Marc Slemko wrote:

> >I use the htpasswd program like this :
> >htpasswd -c .htpasswd martin
> >New passwd:hampster
> >Re-type new password:hampster
>
> >And the .htpasswd looks like :
> >martin:zoAeQjK5SC2Fs
>
> AFAIK (although I don't do anything with the NT version at all)
> crypt() hasn't yet been implemented so it currently uses the
> unencrypted passwords.  Try changing it to something like:
>
> martin:mypassword
>
> and it should hopefully work.  No, this isn't secure and yes, it
> will be fixed at some point.  When it is done, the encryption
> may or may not be compatible with any unix crypt() implementations.

Thanks...
I try
martin:hampster  in the .htpasswd
but the result is the same :
Authorization required etc.
and in the error_log : passwd mismatch

Is there something to change in the configuration files ?
Nobody try to secure a server using Apache 1.3a1 on NT ?
Arrggghhh HELP ME PLEASE !!!!

--

	Laurent Luciani

   DECYLOG / Electricite De France