httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject modules to include in binary releases
Date Mon, 18 Aug 1997 05:26:42 GMT
Let's make an attempt to standardize what modules should be compiled into
binary releases.  My suggestions follow.

I have changed my tune, and now think that all reasonable modules should
be included.

point: if someone really cared about performance, they would compile
their own server.

point: if someone isn't able to compile their own server, they will
be mighty lost if a module they want isn't included.

Traditionally this has not been how things are done.  Anyone want
to agree with me, or have I gone crazy?

Obviously, which *db* modules are included depends on the platform.

Or do we want two binaries; a basic and a full featured.  That is nearly
zero extra work for me, since I will be building them all by script
anyway.

Module env_module          mod_env.o
Module config_log_module   mod_log_config.o
Module agent_log_module    mod_log_agent.o
Module referer_log_module  mod_log_referer.o
Module mime_module         mod_mime.o
Module negotiation_module  mod_negotiation.o
Module status_module       mod_status.o
Module info_module         mod_info.o
Module includes_module     mod_include.o
Module dir_module          mod_dir.o
Module cgi_module          mod_cgi.o
Module asis_module         mod_asis.o
Module imap_module         mod_imap.o
Module action_module       mod_actions.o
Module userdir_module      mod_userdir.o
Module proxy_module        modules/proxy/libproxy.a
Module alias_module        mod_alias.o
Module rewrite_module      mod_rewrite.o
Module access_module       mod_access.o
Module auth_module         mod_auth.o
Module anon_auth_module    mod_auth_anon.o
Module db_auth_module      mod_auth_db.o
Module dbm_auth_module     mod_auth_dbm.o
Module cern_meta_module    mod_cern_meta.o
Module expires_module      mod_expires.o
Module headers_module      mod_headers.o
Module browser_module      mod_browser.o