httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject mod_cgi/997: PATH_INFO translated to all lower case in environment passed to CGI (fwd)
Date Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:39:42 GMT
NT bugs.  NT bugs.  NT bugs.

Don't tell me I have to figure out some way to use NT so I can track down
these bugs.  If only I could use it remotely...  Ok, ok, I can use it
remotely from our NTRIGUE server (although I guess I don't have
development tools there) but I _really_ don't want to try that over a
modem link.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bill Bumgarner <bbum@codefab.com>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: mod_cgi/997: PATH_INFO translated to all lower case in environment passed to CGI

>Number:         997
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       PATH_INFO translated to all lower case in environment passed to CGI
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
The PATH_INFO environment variable contents are translated to all lower case as they are passed
into any CGI-BIN program.
I.E.:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv/Examples/HelloWorld
produces the following when the server resides on WinNT:
PATH_INFO = /examples/helloworld
It produces:
PATH_INFO = /Examples/HelloWorld
when the server resides on Unix (OpentStep Mach 4.2, BTW).
End result;  Apache cannot be used to server WebObjects applications under NT (likely, this
will affect other similar products, as well).
>How-To-Repeat:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv/FOO/BaR/bAz
...view the PATH_INFO on the resulting page...
Under NT, you will have to edit the printenv script to point to your perl binary...