httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject os-windows/939: Error in CGI application when using ODBC (fwd)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 22:06:34 GMT
More NT stuff.  I will not be forwarding NT problems forever, so people
interested (please!) in NT debugging should svbscribe to the apache-bugdb
list themself.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 03:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter Hirdina <Peter.Hirdina@arcane.eu.org>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: os-windows/939: Error in CGI application when using ODBC

>Number:         939
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Error in CGI application when using ODBC
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've written a CGI app (with VC++ 4.0) that uses ODBC to do some stuff on
a database. The app works fine when it is invoked from the command line or
from IIS but when Apache starts it, I get a wierd GPF in my CGI app. The
code that produces that error is in one of the ODBC dlls located.

To be more precise the error occurs when I call SQLConnect. And only when the
ODBC-ressource exists, and the function establishes a connection to the
database.