httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject mod_cgi/951: Cgi with tcp sockets don't works (fwd)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 20:23:17 GMT
More NT.  I'm just forwarding these for now because they haven't been
responded to, most people on bugdb can't, and we really have to be able to
at least look at known issues before the next 1.3 alpha or beta.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 05:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Frederic Corne <frederic.corne@erli.fr>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: mod_cgi/951: Cgi with tcp sockets don't works

>Number:         951
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Cgi with tcp sockets don't works
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We have developped a product with cgi which are connected to a external
tcp server (not a web server). This works on unix (solaris, aix) with
apache 1.2 and on NT with Microsoft IIS, Netscape, Website...

With apache 1.3a1 on NT, the cgis start but are not able to connect to
the server. The error pages that we have prepared in this case are correctly
displayed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Make a cgi with tcp connection.
A cgi which use socket stuff.