httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Server version in error_log startup message..?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 1997 01:43:12 GMT
    I just had another braino.  Currently we put the following into the
    error_log after configuration:

[Tue Aug 19 07:39:15 1997] Server configured -- resuming normal operations

    How about including the version information (a la -v) in this
    banner?  If no-one thinks it's a bad idea, I'll put it into the 1.2
    and 1.3 trees (won't make 1.2.4, though, I don't think).

    One thing about the current message bothers me: if we're starting
    for the first time, is "resuming" really the right word?

    #ken    :-)}