httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: PR#1014 (request for Content-Location output header field)
Date Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:53:02 GMT
    I'm still not convinced that this isn't a good idea.  Among other
    things, it's a SHOULD in RFC2068, so I think it's worthy of
    consideration.  (I'd really like to hear Roy's opinion on this one,
    too.)

    Bear in mind that this is this is an HTTP/1.1 header, so how
    many browsers are going to actually do anything with it?  How many
    proxies?  For now it's probably mostly noise, so let's set a trend
    rather than following it.

    I agree with Dean on the directory-object stuff (i.e., don't set
    Content-Location for that), but I *do* rather like it for naming
    specific objects which were negotiated from a general URL (i.e.,
    language-specific documents).

    #ken    :-)}