httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: directory restrictiosn in access.conf-dist
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:54:32 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>I would +1 that except for that half million people whose config files
>would break if you do that...

    How so?  You're changing the .conf-dist file, not the .conf file.
    Migrating from an existing config to a new one involves vgrepping
    the .conf-dist files for changes.  So put a blurb in saying, "this
    is more restrictive that the default in previous versions of Apache,
    but The Apache Group highly recommends that you integrate this."

    As Ben said (about something else), caveat emptor.  (Does that apply
    if it isn't bought?)

    #ken    :-)}