httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject proxy screwup
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 07:23:59 GMT
Heads up,

Our proxy, along with every other proxy in the known universe, is
forwarding the HTTP-version in the response as whatever it received.
It is also failing to clear the Connection header fields from the
response.  We can fix that, but we can't fix what is already deployed,
so the likely result is that we'll have to change the HTTP versioning
policy to always send HTTP/1.0 in response to an HTTP/1.0 request.

We probably won't get a firm decision until next week (after people
return from Munich), but you can bet on a 1.2.3.

....Roy