httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.2 (Sun 3-Aug-1997 12:22 MET DST)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 1997 04:52:44 GMT
>> There is no need to start a chunk until there is data to be written,
>Did you notice that bflush() never calls start_chunk?  A call needs to be
>added there or here.  I figured it was better here, because it defended
>against any other lameness.

I don't get it.  I looked at the code again and still don't understand
why you would want bflush() to call start_chunk().  After the buffer
is flushed, fb->outcnt == 0, so the next write will have to go through
bcwrite() if it is bigger than fb->bufsiz, which is exactly what we want
it to do.  Calling start_chunk() in bflush() just defeats that optimization,
and isn't needed in any case because it is called by bwrite() before it
buffers any data into an empty buffer.

View raw message