httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: filter API spec
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:35:53 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Ben asked to see this, others may be interested as well:
>
> This isn't formalized in any way, but here's a document describing the API
> for and BUFF-based implementation of a filter API for Apache that Ed and I
> have been talking about. It's a draft, and I've probably spelled things
> wrong, but if anyone's curious, here it is:

This is cool. I like it. Making SSL use it as a true filter may be a
little tricky (though not impossible, I think - it'd involve using bits
of SSLeay I haven't touched before, though). Hmmm ... also, how do you
ensure that stuff gets pushed in the right order (SSL would have to go
below most other things, for example).

> int my_write(BUFF *b, void *cookie, char *c, len l) {
>     /* This filter makes all characters upper-case */
>     toupper(c);

Ooops... this is wrong, akshly:

	int n;

	for(n=0 ; n < l ; ++n)
		toupper(c[n]);

is what you had in mind, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Ben,

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org