httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main http_core.h httpd.h
Date Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:13:28 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Well ... it's my fault.  I changed those from "int d_is_fnmatch" to a :1
> bitfield, knowing full well that the value 1 does not fit in an int :1
> field ... but I didn't change the code to use -1 instead of 1.  Those
> structure changes to bitfields are new in 1.3a2 anyhow.

This is why the standard typedef for BOOL (int) is wrong. It should be
unsigned, for the simple reason that:

	onebitfield=boolean;
	assert(onebitfield == boolean);

fails, if BOOL is int!

Changing the code to use -1 is _not_ the way to fix this.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org