httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: OS abstraction
Date Thu, 21 Aug 1997 19:15:33 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
> > complex than this, and Dean has suggested we use inlineable functions
> > rather than complex and possibly side-effect causing macros.
>
> Where possible, inline would be great.  The difficulty with inline is
> when you need to include the code in headers, and you need to also provide
> a version which is not inlined... and you want the two to be the same.
> How grossed out would people be if we had stuff like:

I'd be considerably less grossed out if you didn't seem to be suggesting
a file for each function. Other than that, I'm not above #including .cs.
:-)

BTW, did I ever mention C++? :->

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org