httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: sequence numbers
Date Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:46:08 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> No, at time 0123 you generate sequence number {0123,x,y,z} and at time
> 1234 with the new scheme you generate sequence number
> {1234,a,b,c,d,whatever}.  The first four bytes are a time stamp.  The
> whole sequence number is constant width, there's no such thing as leading
> zeros.
>
> Perhaps I should just code this thing up so that people can see what I
> mean.

Hmmm ... it might help if you avoided the terms "sequence" and "number"
since what you are talking about doesn't seem to be either. Unique
Request ID, perhaps?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org