httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Win32 name canonicalisation
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:45:38 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:
> Two concerns: First, FindFirstFile() expands out * and ?. Should we have
> the function (how about os_canon_filename() as a name?) reject filenames
> with those in it, or should we just let it expand them>

This makes it easy to trawl for hidden files, so perhaps we should do
something about it. Can they be escaped?

> Second, <DirectoryMatch> and <FilesMatch>. When GetFullPathName() is
> called, it adds a drive letter. So a <Directory> match that does not have
> one (which will currently work - it will match the drive Apache's run
> from) will never match. For <Directory> and <Files>, fine, we can call
> os_canon_filename() on them before we add them in (that will help with
> the case matching, too). But what we we do with regexes? We should add
> REG_ICASE to regcomp() so that the case matching is insensitive, but
> we're stuck with requiring drive letters to always be present. I don't
> see this as a big deal, but I don't know.

We can blame MS for the drive letters :-)

Seriously, you haven't got a full path without a drive letter, so I
can't see that it is a problem.

I don't see why we need to add REG_ICASE - we just state that canonical
filenames are all lowercase. Hmmm ... but perhaps the PATH_INFO bit
should not be lowercased.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org