httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: got the license for InstallShield
Date Fri, 08 Aug 1997 19:50:20 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 06:50 PM 8/8/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >>
> >> We got a license for InstallShield for Apache NT.  They'll be emailing the
> >> paperwork; I had it made out to "the Apache Group", which is what our code
> >> license is under.  This is InstallShield 5, with "Packaged for the Web",
> >> which means people just download an executable, run it, and it uncompresses
> >> itself and launches into the install process.  Woohoo!
> >
> >Cool. How do we actually get hold of it?
>
> I'll be getting an email with download instructions and the license.  Since
> it's commercial software, we'll probably have to have a designated "NT
> builder" who is in possession of the license and software at any one point
> in time.  I'll let you all know more when I get it :)

That's a pain. We want dispensation to have more than one install. I
presume that they are protected against abuse by building "the Apache
Group" into the install?

> I certainly expect whatever config files we generate for IS can also be
> distributed in source code form, put under CVS, etc.

I hope so. Anyway, kudos to InstallShield for doing this, and doing it
so fast. We must remember to credit them in the appropriate places.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk