httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_core.c
Date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 21:45:52 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> >   Fix location of inline in do_double_reverse function definition.
> >
> >   -static void inline do_double_reverse (conn_rec *conn)
> >   +static inline void do_double_reverse (conn_rec *conn)
>
> Hmm.  I guess inline doesn't follow the rules that all the other
> qualifiers do.  Did something complain about this to you?
>
> The general rule involving qualifiers like const and volatile is that they
> should be placed as close to possible to the thing they qualify.   So:
>
> volatile int * foo;     /* pointer to a volatile int */
> int * volatile foo;     /* volatile pointer to an int */

Yeah, but what about:

int volatile * foo;

? And you don't say void static fred(), either. So, I guess inline is
more static-like than volatile-like.

> I assumed inline followed the same rules.

Someone said something clever about assuming things once, but I forget
it :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk