httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Elizabeth Mattijsen <...@xxLINK.nl>
Subject Re: Gee1 I want.... I'd like to see.... (fwd)
Date Wed, 27 Aug 1997 08:58:07 GMT
At 09:36 8/27/97 +0100, Rob Harthill wrote:
>I remember postgres being mentioned a few times on this list a couple of
>years back. Can anyone point this user in the right direction ?

This has come up several times on the PHP list already.  There is no
technical reason as such not to use Postgresql, but there is a performance
one.  Apparently the overhead of setting up a connection is such, that is
it not advisable to use Postgresql for these types of operation.  Nobody
has therefore taken the trouble to set it up.

Elizabeth Mattijsen
xxLINK Internet Services