httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: commit privs for Martin Kraemer
Date Mon, 25 Aug 1997 18:49:35 GMT
At 04:37 PM 8/25/97 +0200, Martin Kraemer wrote:
>Dean Gaudet wrote:
>> I'm nominating Martin Kraemer for commit privs, provided he wants them.
>> I've been happy with his patches, and think he'd be a good addition to the
>> team.  You interested Martin?
>It is a great honor to me that you suggest this, thank you very much!
>
>I just don't know if I will be able to contribute regularly enough to the
>project (work,family) - and there's the general problem of access to the
>CVS resources: At work, I have no direct access to the internet (company
>firewall passing mail, ftp & http, but no telnet or cvs ports), and my
>internet link at home has an incredibly slow ISP.
>
>As I understand it, CVS access requires direct cvs client <-> cvs server
>connection, right?

Either telnet to run CVS on apache.org, or ssh over which CVS can be used.
A moderate amount of bandwidth is probably required; with patience you
could probably maintain a CVS tree with commit privs from home, but I'd
emphasize with patience :)

Hmm, maybe I could run an sshd on a high port...

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org