httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.2 (Thu 7-Aug-1997 22:35 MET DST)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 1997 22:12:06 GMT
At 10:36 PM 8/7/97 +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>STATUS for Apache 1.2.2
>Release Status:
>    o 2nd(!) pre-release tarball for internal testing now
>      created in
>      Current Test Status:
>      - RSE  +1 on i386-FreeBSD-2.1.5 ( with
>      - RSE  +1 on i386-FreeBSD-2.2.1 ( with
>      - Dean +1 on i386-Linux-2.0.30

Compiled, but not tested on:

  Solaris 2.5.1, gcc
  Solaris 2.5.1, Sunpro cc

I tried it on SGI and had a boatload of problems, but I fear it's more due
to our GCC and CC installation being funked up, rather than problems in the
If someone could compile it on SGI just to make sure, it would warm my heart.

All modules (except mod_auth_msql + mod_example, which I didn't test) compile
cleanly with -Wall.

I guess that's a +1.

ps - with anoncvs being set up, it would be Real Cool if we had a network
of folks who ran nightly compile reports on various OS's, and mailed us
output.  If there's serious surgery being done we could set up a flag file
whose existance would indicate "don't compile tonight".  I'm thinking, for
example, Sequent could set this up, or anyone running Lynx OS, or SCO, or
any other less-frequently-used-OS.

"Why not?" - TL  - -

View raw message