httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Docs problems?
Date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 20:24:18 GMT

It's definitely related to mod_mime_magic, this new, problematic behavior
disappeared after I took out that module.  It appears as though
mod_mime_magic will give "unknown" files a file type of text/plain, which
puts them on an equal footing with text/html, and thus the first file
alphabetically gets served.  I.e.

index.html
index.adaptive (which gets #included into index.html)

Before, the index.html would always be sent, now the .adaptive one is.

Is there something we can change MIME_TEXT_UNKNOWN to in mod_mime_magic
which will cause these to not be selected?  Or should we declare the way
things are "now" to be the correct solution, and if folks have problems
they should fix their naming conventions?  I'm ambivalent, but we should
choose one or the other.

	Brian

At 12:51 PM 8/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Yeah it does have a level of pref for known types -- it just doesn't
>consider them.  But the addition of mod_mime_magic makes more types
>known... and taz includes mod_mime_magic.  So it's an expected result.
>
>Dean
>
>On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
>> In the past, the Multiviews code based it's decision on the alpha
>> listing of the directory if it did not have a preference for the
>> extension. I don't think that any preference is given for CGI, but
>> it should probably have some level of preference for known types.
>>

>> > Well I didn't think the code would give files with extensions that it
>> > doesn't know about a high priority.  So the cgi should be taken ...
unless

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org