httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Morris <bmor...@memetic.com>
Subject Re: Now I've gone and done it
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 06:28:18 GMT
At 10:36 PM 08/01/1997 -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>You forgot to say "don't plug it into the net!" :)
>
>Of course, I think the first thing I'd do after the basic install, is get
>all the damn service packs.
>
>Dean

Another important thing is do _not_ attempt to run SQL and a webserver
on the same machine it will crash fairly often. I managed to get it to crash
every 5-10 mins by trying to do a sort in SQL and returning the data
via IIS...  The latest build of perl (http://www.activeware.com) is fairly
solid.
and it is prolly the easiest install.  Rebooting the machine fairly often
is also suggested, as NT (my machine at least) tends to slow to a crawl
instead
of crashing.

Beyond that, the rest depends on what you are using it for.

-bill