httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: HPWorld
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:43:15 GMT
On Thu, Aug 28, 1997 at 02:02:32PM -0700, sameer wrote:
> 	Yeah, it sucks that HP chose FastTrack, a *personal*
> webserver, to run on mainframes.

I intend to try a port of Apache-1.3xx to a SNI Siemens Nixdorf
Mainframe (the OS is called BS2000-OSD, which has a POSIX subsystem)
in the near future. I'm going to have to twiddle quite a lot to get
it going, because the native character set is EBCDIC (shudder...).
However, a colleague of mine has done a successful port of CERN
httpd a couple of years ago.

I'll keep you informed about any proceedings.

    Martin
PS: Would the apache group be interested in any feedback (patch-wise,
like ASCII encapsulation macros for EBCDIC literal strings) if/when
I get it running?