httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject HPWorld
Date Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:02:32 GMT
	Yeah, it sucks that HP chose FastTrack, a *personal*
webserver, to run on mainframes. What sort of mainframe operator is
going to run a personal webserver that lists for $295, which *hardly
anyone uses*, on a mission-critical mainframe?
	Seems pretty clear that HP3000 users are getting the short end
of the stick from HP. If it was Netscape Enterprise, it would sort of
make more sense. NS Enterprise still sucks compared to Apache, but
from a marketing point of view, Apache and NS Enterprise are in the
same league, while FastTrack is sort of in the same league as WebStar.

	It sometimes amazes me that so many professional marketing
people have so much less clue about the market than the people on this
list. But then I come to my senses and realize that we rule. =)

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777