httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: Gee1 I want.... I'd like to see.... (fwd)
Date Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:20:43 GMT
Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> wrote:
[...]
> > The next step would be an API to do auth with a db and runtime options
> > that are the same for all databases.
> >
> > damian
>
> You can do this with mod_perl. I think Doug has depricated
> mod_auth_dbi.

Yup.  It's replacement was mod_perl+Apache::AuthenDBI.  Edmund Mergl
now maintains it as part of his ApacheDBI package, which also includes
a new module Apache::AuthzDBI that does group authorization via DBI.
The driver is configured via .conf (see
http://www.hermetica.com/technologia/DBI/ for available drivers)  It
should also work with DBI/DBD::ODBC under win32.

And, simply adding 'PerlModule Apache::DBI' to your .conf
transparently makes DBI connections persistent.

see:
http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Apache/ApacheDBI-x.xx.tar.gz

-Doug