httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b1-dev
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 20:22:46 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Hmm interesting message.  If you've only got one <VirtualHost> section it
> should only have one hashed... erm.  Hmm.  Oh, no it also hashes the main
> server address.  So your vhost addr != main server addr, right?

That's right. It's a virtual interfaced one, so it has it's own
IP.

> That is a debugging message ... mostly of interest during the betas to
> make sure the hash function does a good enough job of distributing the
> hosts.

Hmmm... Any pointers on how to interpret what's being printed?
The 'total hashed' stuff seems pretty easy and the #default seems
to indicate that the 1st entry hashed is the default server setup
and #name-vhost might mean the number of HTTP1.1 named-vhosts (ie:
not IP vhosts)...??