httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: cvs question
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 06:10:21 GMT

In article <199708251739.NAA30998@luers.qosina.com> you wrote:

> Is there I can cvs to automatically tag each file with it's current version
> as it's being commited?

The version must still be comitted and after that you can either use "cvs tag
TAGNAME ." (assuming your local tree is up-to-date) or use "cvs rtag -D date
TAGNAME modulename" to do a remote tag where you don't need a local copy. Here
TAGNAME is assigned to all files with the most recent revision no later than
"date".

> (or override the older tag as need be)

This can be done with the CVS option -F. Here CVS relocates the tag.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com