httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject [SUGGEST] make should pass compile flags
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:54:10 GMT
When currently I try to hunt down a bug (core dump in authentication), I
need an apache with -g debug symbols. It used to be possible to generate
one by doing:
    > rm http_request.o
    > make OPTIM=-g
This doesn't work anymore since the top level make doesn't pass the OPTIM
settings to the subordinate make's. One solution is right now
    > rm core/http_request.o
    > make MAKE="make OPTIM=-g"
but this is rather clumsy. Shouldn't all of src/Makefile's macros...
    CC=
    CFLAGS=
    LIBS=
    INCLUDES=
    LDFLAGS=
be passed down to lower make's? It seems to be done correctly for
regex/libregex.a and modules/, but not for support/, core/ and os/.

Find a suggested patch passing CC, RANLIB and CFLAGS appended to this mail.

    Martin