httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.3 (Wed 13-Aug-1997 11:48 MET DST)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:31:39 GMT

> STATUS for Apache 1.2.3
> =======================
>
> Release Status:
>
>       - CONFUSING: On taz (BSD/OS 2.1) it compiles only with CC=cc because the
>         gcc (found by Configure) there (=/usr/local/bin/gcc) needs an
>         additional -lbind because of inet_addr and inet_ntoa. No real problem
>         with Apache, I think, but a little one on taz itself.  [rse]
>         => We should force CC=cc under BSD/OS (see patch below)

No. I don't think so. The problems with BIND on taz are because of
changes in BIND v8.x which Brian is running. It is possible that by
forcing to cc, you _may_ get a very old version of gcc. (haven't
checked lately)  This is more an issue for BIND v8.x that needs to
be addressed once BIND development settles down a bit.