httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apachen - 3rd-party modules
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:41:02 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Paul Sutton wrote:
> > > This just requires amodules/extra directory with a *blank* Makefile.tmpl
> > > in it.
> >
> > Hmmm... Might be someway of adjusting Configure to handle a
> > non-existant Makefile.tmpl invisibly... I'll take a look.
>
> Err, yes. It assumes the module has its own Makefile (e.g. mod_proxy and
> mod_example) so doesn't do anything. I guess a better approach would be to
> check for Makefile.tmpl *and* Makfile, and if neither exist, touch
> Makefile.tmpl and carry on (which will force the building of a Makefile).
> Yeah.

But if the modules have their own Makefiles (which is not based
on anything Configure does) we certainly don't want to blow them
away by touching Makefile.tmpl and then writing over them :/

All I can see right now is adding a "blank" Makefile.tmpl for
"extra" modules requirement. Eventually, of course, we could work
magic in ConfigStart/ConfigEnd to handle this kind of stuff (eg:
All modules that want Configure to create their Makefile should
do a "touch Makefile.tmpl" :) )