httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.3 (Tue 12-Aug-1997 14:19 MET DST)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:13:09 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.970812082634.19481A-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it wrote:

> > FreeBSD 2.2, and 2.1 and 3-snap are all +1 for me. But I do not like
> > the fact that there is a src/Configuration and src/Configuration.tmpl
> > in the tarball; I'd prefer to _force people to cp the *.tmpl into the
> > other to make them 'think'.

> Erm... Configuration has always been made.  Not putting it there would
> just confuse more people I think.

"And we always did it this way", the others would say ;-)
Either way, please don't flame _me_ for creating the Configuration file,
because this is part of how_to_release...

When we decide this is not what we want then please adjust
http://dev.apache.org/how_to_release. I just followed the steps written down
there, independend if I like it or not. I'm now really maximum carefully ;-)

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com