httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Proposed ANNOUNCE for 1.2.2 (II)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 20:13:18 GMT

In article <33EF6153.FCB50FF8@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > Either way: It was really no real problem, just a little but unusual, correct?

> No, there is a real problem. There will now be servers out there running
> a version called 1.2.2 which is not the "real" 1.2.2.

Why? We never have released it. We just put into httpd/dist/.  Ok, someone
could grab it from there but then you had seen a message (README) via FTP
which said that this is not a release version.  But, ok, I see your point.
Hmmm... but now I cannot reverse it. I can just say sorry, I didn't know
because the how_to_release didn't mention this exact procedure for multiple
pre-release tarballs. Next time someone will do it "the correct way". Ok? ;-)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com