httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: ndc-type script for manipulating httpd
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:26:11 GMT
This script is just what SVR4 users need as a /etc/rc2.d/S92apache
startup script! (In SVR4 or other SYSV-init-alike systems as Linux, init
starts everything that is called /etc/rc<n>.d/S<a_2_digit_number><anyname>
when entering "run level" n. The scripts are called with an argument
"start". The same, reversed, happens upon shutdown or leaving a specific
run level, this time the scripts to execute are K<a_2_digit_number><anyname>
and the argument is "stop".

I propose to put it into the support/ directory and call it S92apache or
some such....

    Martin
Oh, yes, I agree that a "graceful-restart" function should be there, or
a "restart" which is configurable to send USR1 or HUP.

Marc Slemko wrote,...