httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Proposed ANNOUNCE for 1.2.2 (II)
Date Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:13:39 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.970809134123.7198A-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:

> I forgot to backport the change to print the name of the lock file for
> both FLOCK and FCNTL locking... normally the way things work is the
> version is kept at -dev until it is actually rolled, then moved to 1.2.2
> just for the few minutes it takes to roll.  Since it is already at 1.2.2,
> I'm not sure what the deal is...  I guess I will just commit it in a
> little bit once I wake up, then we have to be sure the tarball is rerolled
> properly because we have a bunch of them claiming to be 1.2.2 in
> httpd.h...

No problem. Just commit it to the APACHE_1_2_X branch and I will reroll the
final tarball including a retagging to APACHE_1_2_2 via "cvs tag -F ...".
BTW: Any +1 for the outstanding patch from Dean in the latest "[STATUS]
1.2.2..." message?

> Normally I prefer just including the src/CHANGES file in the release.  It
> is what people have come to expect and is what I want to see.  Oh, the
> CHANGES file in HEAD needs to be brought up to sync with that in 1.2.  In
> any case, the CHANGES file is normally put in /dist/ so if you don't
> include it, then include a URL for it.  Will probably need to have a
> CHANGES.1.2 and CHANGES.1.3 or something...

Thanks for the hint, Marc. I'll add the 1.2.2 changes to the HEAD CHANGES
file. And I'll make sure this file from HEAD is in /dist/ when we put the
final 1.2.2 tarball there.

> I would also suggest that you mention something about this being a bugfix
> release, no major changes, etc.

Done, too. Thanks.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com