httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Esselink" <eesse...@sirius.com>
Subject Re: got the license for InstallShield
Date Sat, 09 Aug 1997 07:32:37 GMT
> I'll be getting an email with download instructions and the license.
Since
> it's commercial software, we'll probably have to have a designated "NT
Not necessary, VC 5.0 has a Installshield5 version on board. It's all a
matter
of licensing : the one who holds the license can distribute the exe.
Since Apache Inc. is distributing the exe (using website and mirrors) they
(ie. you) should hold on to the license.
Anybody can create the exe using the installshield but only you can,
legally,
distribute it.

----------
> From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
> To: new-httpd@apache.org
> Subject: Re: got the license for InstallShield
> Date: Friday, August 08, 1997 11:53 AM
>
> At 06:50 PM 8/8/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >>
> >> We got a license for InstallShield for Apache NT.  They'll be emailing
the
> >> paperwork; I had it made out to "the Apache Group", which is what our
code
> >> license is under.  This is InstallShield 5, with "Packaged for the
Web",

-