httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Proposed ANNOUNCE for 1.2.2 (II)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 1997 21:02:06 GMT

OK, I've revised the notable changes list and replaced the detailed changes
list by just a hint to src/CHANGES. Because such in-depth details are not
needed in an ANNOUNCE message, I think. And I added a header to the top to
summarize the message (What=ANNOUNCE, Who=Apache, Where=URL, Why=Version) for
the impatient.

Again, feel free to fix me.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com
|Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache 1.2.2 Released
|Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
|To: apache-announce@apache.org

                            ANNOUNCE
                        Apache webserver
                     http://www.apache.org/
                         version 1.2.2

Greetings:

We would like to announce the availability of the Apache webserver
software version 1.2.2. It is recommended that users of earlier
versions of the Apache webserver upgrade their installations.

For in-depth details about every change see the file src/CHANGES
in the distribution. Notable changes in this release include:

   o  Virtual host <Directory>/<Location> sections now considered
      after the main server <Directory>/<Location> sections, so that
      overrides work properly in all cases.

   o  Added "downgrade-1.0" variable for use with mod_browser
      to downgrade Apache to HTTP/1.0 even when the request was
      of type HTTP/1.1. This can be used to workaround problems with
      the latest MSIE 4.0b2 browser. See the page
      http://www.apache.org/docs/manual/misc/known_client_problems
      for more details.

   o  Full integration of the last externally available mod_rewrite
      version into Apache Group's source repository and inclusion of
      essential bugfixes from the ongoing Apache 1.3 development line.

   o  A change in 1.2.1 introduced a problem with SIGHUP under
      Solaris 2.x (up through 2.5.1). This has been fixed now.

See the main Apache website (http://www.apache.org/) for downloading
instructions. This site also includes pointers to many mirror sites that
may be closer to you.

Share and enjoy!