httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Apache Documentation Project !!
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 19:29:23 GMT
Hello Brian Behlendorf, in a previous mail you wrote:

>[...]
> If I sound ambivalent, I am.  There's a lot of nice things about how easy
> it is to add to the docs today; and we have got to make that easy to do or
> no one will spend time documenting.  On the other hand a more structured
> doc format would have certain advantages.

The used LinuxDOC-DTD is very easy and the used tools can be installed
everywhere without problems. So it is as easy to write such SGML docs as it is
for the current HTML docs. And there are two big references for this: The
Linux Documentation Project and the FreeBSD Documentation Projects.  What
works there should also work for us.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com